On this unique small group excursion, you will take route to Hawaii Volcanoes National Park, via the beautiful Hamakua Coast. Accompany our expert guides for an informative, narrated adventure as your journey through the great diversity of climates and dramatic scenery found on the Big Island. Waipio Valley, Tropical rainforests, sea cliff coastlines, Rainbow Falls, active volcanoes, and the most breathtaking site on the island, the glowing lava lake inside Halemaumau Crater.
- Hawaii Volcanoes National Park
- Waipio Valley Lookout & Rainbow Falls
- Scenic route via Hamakua Coast
- Night viewing of glow from Halemaumau lava lake
- Extremely informative narration from highly trained guides
- Comfortable Micro coach vans with huge windows, and coach-style seating
- Equipment provided: Rain ponchos, umbrellas, and flashlights
- Trip Includes: 10-12 hour excursion includes admission to the national park, a hearty warm dinner, gourmet hot beverages, and convenient resort pick-up points at most locations.
Lunch: For an early lunch break at the Parker Ranch Center in Waimea town. This shopping center has a Grocery store, Health food store, and a variety of Restaurants to ensure a satisfactory dining experience for all guests. *Lunch is NOT included in the price of the tour. This stop allows ample time for guests to eat their meals in the food court, after ordering from the restaurant of your choice.
Dinner: This inclusive meal is served in the early evening hours at the historic Kilauea Military Camp, within Hawaii Volcanoes National Park. The 4 choice menu is set, and does not allow for modifications.
- Teriyaki Chicken with Steamed White Rice
- Vegetable Stir-Fry with Steamed White Rice
- Cheeseburger & French Fries
- Salad & Potato bar (all you can eat) *Best for vegan/vegetarians, and other dietary restrictions, gluten, etc.
All dinners include an assortment of sodas, juices, coffee, tea, water and one (1) trip to the Salad/Potato Bar, soup du jour and Frozen yogurt for dessert.
What you should wear: It is important to be prepared for all possible conditions. We advise guests to bring several layers of clothing, a sweater or hoodie, long pants, light jacket, hat and covered shoes.
What you should bring: Light snacks, sunblock, sunglasses, camera, and backup camera batteries. For environmental reasons we do not provide bottled water. However, large containers of clean filtered water and paper cups are available all day.
Restrictions: Guests should be able to walk on stairs and navigate through potentially wet and muddy conditions. A 15-20 minute walk on an asphalt path with stairs is required to view Thurston Lava Tube. No children age 4 and under. DOT safety laws require booster seats for children ages 5-7, children under 4 feet 9 inches tall, and under 40 pounds. Guests under 18 must be accompanied by an adult.