The Na Pali Dinner Sunset Sail is our premier “dinner with a view” experience. Sunsets at sea, viewed from Southern Star, are spectacular. Passengers will enjoy a panoramic view of the entire coastline from Haena to Milolii, with the “forbidden” island of Ni’ihau in the distance. Each day is unique, as the light reacts with clouds and landscapes. Rainbows frequently add color to the distant mountains.
The sail starts with a short briefing and introduction as we depart from Port Allen and head West, then North and upwind on the Na Pali (depending on the conditions).
Meanwhile, our team of onboard chefs will get busy preparing the fresh meal. Unlike other charter boats, Southern Star is equipped with a full galley (kitchen) and bar. This means that the meal can be prepared fresh onboard instead of the standard practice of pre-cooking food.
On most days the Hawaiian tradewinds are blowing from the East, which makes for a perfect downwind sail once we reach our turnaround point. The crew’s objective on this sail is to position the boat for a calm, downwind sail during dinner service. Once we reach our turnaround, the crew will power down Southern’s twin diesels and hoist the massive mainsail and jib. Now you’re set up for some sailing, relaxing and yummy food.
We time the sail to pull in at Port Allen near dusk, our goal is to return you to shore safe, happy and full.
- Na Pali Grill Caesar salad - Romaine lettuce, croutons, and parmesan
- Kauai mixed green salad - Locally grown greens and lilikoi vinaigrette dressing
- Grilled New York Steak - Choice American beef grilled with Hawaiian salt and ‘secret spices’
- Barbecue Jumbo Shrimp with a Sambal Aioli
- Vegetarian option upon request - Portobello Mushroom with tamarind glaze
- Roasted Potato Medley
- Seasonal Vegetable
- Fresh Baked Dessert: Chef’s choice
- Drinks: Cocktails (beer, wine and “sneaky tikis”) soft drinks and water included.
Attire and Facilities: Our passengers enjoy large shaded cabin areas, comfortable cushioned seating, and clean restrooms. We suggest bringing layers, you can always change onboard. There is no snorkeling on this trip.
Departure Location: Port Allen Marina Center office.
No Children under 3 years of age and women over 26 weeks pregnant allowed.